Morning- it's been busy so there's lots to catch up on and adventures to blog about, but I feel a bit like the White Rabbit in Alice in Wonderland "I'm late, I'm late!", so it'll have to be a very quick post today.
We've been to Norwich [more of that in posts to come]. This is a most fantastic piece of upcycling- in a previous life this was used by the Rowntree factory in Norwich to melt toffee. When the plant closed it was given to the cathedral and is now their font.
It's used regularly for baptisms and some dedicated soul must polish it religiously [an apt adverb I thought!]. It gleamed. We got some good reflections in it- the one of us looking like we were in a hall of mirrors amused me. That was the group we went round with when we went on the tour [you'll not be surprised if I tell you the tours are on the hour and are free!]
The life and adventures of a mildly dotty old bird.
Monday, 14 September 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Goosed
29th September is Michaelmas and was once the traditional day for hosting a goose fair. It also happened to be my birthday and this old goos...
-
Whoops, double whoops and thrice times whoops.....this returned home with me on Saturday. For a measly 350 pennies I could hardly leave it ...
-
Hello.... I've got a brief lull before my old school friend is arriving for supper so thought I'd just pop in. Our Christmas has th...
-
It might have been teeming down with rain on Tuesday in Battersea, but that wasn't going to dampen my spirits. Arty L and I were meetin...


Love it! x
ReplyDelete