The Sussex Wildlife Trust offers a fabulous programme of free monthly walks around different parts of Sussex. When they're in my neck of the woods and if I'm available I try to attend. I did one back in April http://gnatbottomedtowers.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/wandering-in-woods-part-one.html and went along again with my chum H yesterday. Everyone is very enthusiastic and generous in sharing their knowledge. I absorb new facts about our beautiful nature like a sponge and with twenty individuals all keeping a lookout many things are spotted. Although not billed as a fungi walk we clapped eyes on some wonderful examples yesterday. Where possible I've put the names against them if others identified them yesterday or if I've seen them either online or in my guide today.
Funnel Caps
Amethyst Deceiver
Penny Bun
Purple disc fungus [maybe]
Artist's Palette Bracket Fungus
Candle Snuff
Yellow jelly fungus
Ivory coral.
At the present time I don't know what the following ones are called. If other people identify them then I shall edit the post to update it!
Arilx
The life and adventures of a mildly dotty old bird.
Monday, 10 November 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Madfabulous
It was a bit of an overcast rainy day [not surprising really as we were in Wales which is renowned for it] when we paid Plas Newydd House a ...
-
Whoops, double whoops and thrice times whoops.....this returned home with me on Saturday. For a measly 350 pennies I could hardly leave it ...
-
Hello.... I've got a brief lull before my old school friend is arriving for supper so thought I'd just pop in. Our Christmas has th...
-
It might have been teeming down with rain on Tuesday in Battersea, but that wasn't going to dampen my spirits. Arty L and I were meetin...














No comments:
Post a Comment