Friday 28 November 2014

Watt Retail Therapy.

Just further up the road from the Watts Memorial Chapel is the Watts Gallery where, for a small fee, you can view the artist's paintings http://www.wattsgallery.org.uk/visitor-information Having been on a previous occasion there are other Pre Raphaelite artists I prefer so we didn't stop but we were enticed to visit the tearoom and the shop which houses some gloriously unusual handmade items. If you're passing and wish to buy something completely different I can thoroughly recommend you drop by. I didn't buy anything [if funds were unlimited I could have happily spent a fortune] but I hope you enjoy the photos of some of the items they had in stock to give you a taster of what a smashing range of stock they hold.

These lustreware plates are by Jonathan Chiswell-Jones http://www.jcjpottery.co.uk/ Naturally I loved the triple hared one!





Gorgeous felted animals and cushions.




And finally this just stunning peacock jacket. I am using this as possible inspiration for when I finally get around to making my coloured set of Morris tatters. I only wish I had a scrap of these people's talent!


Arilx

No comments:

Post a Comment

What Aloicious Did Next

 After laying low for a few months Horsham's spoof artist Aloicious Shaftspole has been up to his tricks again. A 'what three words&...