Am a little late with this today but hopefully it may make the corners of your mouth twitch!
Taken from Silly Sussex by Judy Moore. A reputedly true tale told of one of the bright young things that had made his way down to Brighton for the weekend. Being in a somewhat whittled state the porter took him to what he believed was the gentleman's room. Lying on the bed was a dainty, lacy nightgown. The man put on his monocle to take a closer look and then asked the porter what it was. Tentatively the porter informed him that it was indeed a lady's nightgown at which point the gentleman leant over and put his nose to the scented folds. Turning to the porter he commanded "Take it away" and "fill it".
Arilx
The life and adventures of a mildly dotty old bird.
Monday, 1 July 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Decisions, decisions.
Now that's what I call a sign. If you're wondering we plumped for a spot of lunch at the Partridge in Singleton after completing our...
-
Whoops, double whoops and thrice times whoops.....this returned home with me on Saturday. For a measly 350 pennies I could hardly leave it ...
-
Hello.... I've got a brief lull before my old school friend is arriving for supper so thought I'd just pop in. Our Christmas has th...
-
It might have been teeming down with rain on Tuesday in Battersea, but that wasn't going to dampen my spirits. Arty L and I were meetin...
No comments:
Post a Comment