Wednesday 3 July 2013

Upon Matters of Drinking....

Firstly in the words of dear old Oscar Wilde-

"Drinking is a mug's game. The bigger the mug the better!"

And then the witty American poet Dorothy Parker's thoughts on the matter-

“I like to have a martini,
Two at the very most.
After three I'm under the table,
after four I'm under my host.”

 And the ever sharp tongued Mark Twain-

“I always take Scotch whiskey at night as a preventive of toothache. I have never had the toothache; and what is more, I never intend to have it.”

Perhaps instead you should heed the dire warning on the rectory wall in Kirdford-





If you insist I should be happy to have one of the new elderflower and blackcurrant Pimms!! I feel it would be rude not to try a new product and report back. All in the name of medicinal research you understand......

Arilx


No comments:

Post a Comment

The cityscape

 From my all too short time spent in Birmingham my impressions are that this city does Victorian and Modern architecture fabulously. If you&...